Good Foods for Dental Health
While brushing and flossing daily are essential, there are also several kinds of important vitamins and minerals found within foods that can help your mouth remain healthy. A fit lifestyle and a balanced diet are strongly correlated with good overall oral health. Therefore, the following are some of the foods you should consume to maintain your dental health according to Dr. Frame, expert in teeth cleaning in Santa Clara.
• Green Leafy Vegetables – With all of their packed nutrients of Vitamin A and Vitamin B, green veggies have been found to prevent gum disease and lower risk for bleeding gums.
• Whole Cereals – The Vitamin B within whole cereals helps patients to prevent chapped or dry lips, as well as heal ulcers within the mouth or on the gums.
• Citrus Fruits – When people consume oranges, limes, or grapefruit, the rich source of Vitamin C helps boost immune system functioning to keep teeth extra healthy.
• Dairy Products – Full of calcium and phosphate, dairy products like milk, yogurt, and cheese help to build strong gums and healthy tooth enamel.
• Meats – Not only does meat have high levels of essential magnesium and zinc, it also contains the protein that is necessary for many healthy gum developments.
• Legumes – Eating soybeans, seafood, nuts, raisins, and other legumes helps to increase sources of copper, which are a must for keeping teeth strong.
Incorporating these nutrient-rich foods into your diet can easily help prevent many oral health problems. In order to learn more about how you can implement a well-balanced diet for stronger teeth, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Frame, dentist in Santa Clara.
Back to Blog