Tips for Keeping Your Teeth White
A bright white smile can enhance your entire appearance and leave you looking and feeling more youthful and confident. Age, lifestyle factors and your diet can all age and stain your smile, but you can keep your smile looking great with a few simple changes and routine visits with Dr. Frame, our cosmetic dentist in Santa Clara.
1. Brush and floss every day. While daily dental hygiene will not necessarily whiten the natural color of your smile, it can help reduce new stains and prevent the buildup that can cause additional discoloration.
2. Avoid stain-causing substances. Coffee, tea, energy drinks and soft drinks can be enjoyable pick-me-ups, but they can also discolor your teeth. If you cannot entirely eliminate these beverages, reduce your intake and drink or rinse with water after you drink them.
3. Eat a balanced diet. Dairy products help remineralize teeth and keep them strong while foods such as apples, pears and celery mechanically clean teeth and rinse away plaque and debris. Other produce contains critical gum-strengthening nutrients that can reduce your risk of gum disease.
4. Change your toothbrush regularly. After three months or when your toothbrush shows signs of wear, replace it with a new one. You should also replace your brush after any illness. This ensures that your toothbrush is effective against not just plaque but also superficial stains.
5. Get a professional cleaning every six months. We can polish away stains and remove any unsightly buildup.
Contact our expert in teeth whitening in Santa Clara today to learn more or to schedule your consultation.
Back to Blog